Test Spring School
Call for Contributions
Travel to Annecy
Activities in Annecy
- Regular Papers
- Workshop-type Papers
- Embedded Tutorials
- Invited Presentations
Call for Papers
Submit a paper
ETS General Home
|Travel to Annecy|
Annecy is located in the French Alps. The largest cities closest to Annecy are: |
Geneva (Switzerland): 42 km
Grenoble: 106 km
Lyon: 139 km
***Copyright Google Maps France
You can reach Annecy city by air, train or car.
► Lyon Saint Exupery Airports (LYS):
Lyon Airport is very well connected with the major European cities, having multiple flights per day to major European hubs (Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, London, Milan and many others).
Please refer to Lyon Airport's homepage for a full list of flights to Lyon Airport (LYS).
- Airport shuttle bus Altibus, 5 buses per day.
Fare: 33€ one way. Return ticket: 49,5€.
You can buy your ticket in the airport but it is preferable that you book it on the web to guarantee you a seat on a bus at the specified time. Get timetable pdf document.
- 1 hour drive by car from the airport. Major Rental car companies are located in the airport.
- Taxi costs: approximatively 150€ (Phone: +33 4 50 45 05 67) or pickup at arrival taxi stand.
► Geneva Cointrin Airport (GVA):
Geneva Airport is well connected to major international hubs. It is connected also with several US cities. To find out mose please check the airport web site Geneva Cointrin Airport:
- Airport shuttle bus or
Frossard Voyage (5 bus per day. Price 21€)
- Train Geneva airpot - Annecy takes between 2 and 3 hours in most cases
- Rental car: 30 minutes drive (50km). (See "By car" information).
- Taxis: the cost of the taxis is 100€ To book a taxis, please call +4122 33 141 33 or take a taxi at arrival.
► Paris Airport Charles de Gaulles (CDG)
Paris Airports' is not connected directly to Annecy. You need to travel by train.
To use the train you should first get to "Gare de Lyon" Railway station by RER and next take the TGV train to Annecy
By Train (booking at www.sncf.fr)
- High Speed train (TGV) from Paris Gare de Lyon to Annecy takes 4 hours - 15 trains every day
- High Speed train (TGV) from Lyon St Exupéry to Annecy takes 2 hours - 7 trains every day
- Low Speed train (TER) from Geneve airport takes 2.20 hours - 12 trains every day
- From Paris Airport (Charles de Gaulle) to Annecy if you choose to drive to Annecy, please note the following: Approximate distance / 600km : 5 hours drive
- From Lyon Airport follow A41 direction Annecy (=130 kms) take the exit 16 (Annecy Sud)
- From Geneve Airport follow direction Annecy and take the exit 17 (Annecy Nord)
To get more details about directions, please also visit www.mappy.fr or VIA MICHELIN
Transport inside Annecy
- The most convenient way to travel in Annecy is by bus, SIBRA Company.
- The conference Venue is located in the city center, on the Annecy Lake side.
- The most useful line is line number 2 that connects the Railway station to Imperial Palace (bus stop name: Imperial).
- There is one bus every 10 minutes: Approximate / price: 1,2€ one way
- You can download the bus network map.